Microwave muffins are a quick and easy treat that can be prepared in just a few minutes. They’re perfect for dessert or a last-minute snack, and you can make them with a variety of flavors and toppings.
To prepare muffins in a microwave oven, you will need:
– Microwaveable mug
– A spoon
-1/4 cup self-raising flour
-1/4 cup of sugar
– 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (for chocolate cupcakes)
-1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1 egg
-3 tablespoons of milk (for non-dairy milk, add 1/4 teaspoon of vinegar)
-3 tablespoons of oil
– Vanilla extract (optional)
-For the glaze:
-1/4 cup butter, softened
-1/4 cup powdered sugar
What you will need
– Cupcake liners
-1/2 cup of sugar
-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
-1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
-1/4 teaspoon of salt
-1/4 cup of milk
-1/4 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
-2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (for chocolate cupcakes)
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (for vanilla cupcakes)
– Optional: food coloring, glaze and sprinkles
Dough for muffins
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and salt). Add the wet ingredients (egg, oil, milk and vanilla extract) and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the lined muffin tin, filling each cup about three-quarters full. If you have some dough left, you can bake it in a small baking pan or mug.
- Microwave the cupcakes on high for one to two minutes until cooked through. Remove from the microwave and let cool for a few minutes before placing in the frosting.
Baking cupcakes in the microwave
- Place the muffin batter in a microwave-safe cup or mug. If you are making several cupcakes, use a separate cup or mug for each one.
- Heat the cupcakes in the microwave on high for one minute. After one minute, test the muffins for doneness by inserting a toothpick or cake tester into the center of one. If the toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are done. If not, microwave them in 30-second increments until done.
- Remove the muffins from the microwave and let them cool for a few minutes before covering or serving.
- Let the cupcakes cool
- When the timer goes off, remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool in the pan for a few minutes. After that, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Once they cool, you can freeze them and enjoy!
- Making the glaze is simple. Just combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth. You can spread the frosting with a knife or spoon, or pipe it on with a piping bag. To pipe it, fit a piping bag with a star tip and fill it with frosting. Then, starting from the outer edge of the cupcake, pipe the frosting in a spiral until you reach the center.
Once the cupcakes are cooled, it’s time to decorate! Using a piping bag and piping on the frosting, you can spread it with a knife. If you want to be creative, you can use different forms of frosting and toppings. Here are some ideas to get you started:
– Use different piping tips to create unique designs on your cupcakes.
– Experiment with different colors of glaze.
– Mix food coloring into frosting to create custom colors.
– Sprinkle some edible glitter or sparkles.
– Cover the cakes with fresh fruit, grated coconut or chocolate chips.
You enjoy the cupcakes
There’s nothing like a freshly made cupcake; luckily for you, they’re easy to make in the microwave. Whether you’re in the mood for a chocolate brownie or a vanilla brownie, we’ve got you covered with this quick and easy recipe. Simply follow the steps below and enjoy delicious cupcakes in no time!
– Start by gathering the ingredients. You will need 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1 large egg yolk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons milk .
-Next you need to prepare the oven by lining the muffin pan with paper liners. Next, mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
– In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix until everything is well combined.
-Alternately add the dry ingredients and milk to the wet ingredients until everything is fully incorporated. Be careful not to mix!
– Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each liner about 3/4 full – Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds to 1 minute per muffin. Allow to cool before frosting or serving as is. Enjoy!